Donate Here!

My DFMC Fundraising Website!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Tomorrow.

Today I went to the DFMC pasta party with my family. Both Brandon, his mother, and his sister and brother also attended, and it could not have made me happier. The program was incredible, and included speakers Uta Pippig, first woman to win 3 consecutive Boston Marathons, and Jack Fultz, my amazing coach and 1976 winner of the Boston Marathon. There was an "in memoriam" slideshow of all of the brave children of the Jimmy Fund clinic who unfortunately lost their battle to cancer. Although it was an extremely emotional portion of the program, the most amazing part was going on stage with Brandon and all of the other individuals in the patient partner program. It was quite an inspirational moment to be in front of everyone with my 4-year-old hero. Brandon has overcome far too many obstacles, more difficult than any 26.2 miles.

I am having a difficult time trying to express my feelings and emotions 13 hours before I cross the starting line of my second Boston Marathon. I am extremely humbled, overwhelmed, excited, nervous, yet feeling entirely fortunate to be apart of such an incredible experience. My teammates are my heros; each and every one of them. Running a marathon for such a wonderful cause is a selfless act, and I am lucky to be associated with these individuals.

I will have to blog before I leave at 5:30 AM, since I am simply unable to write much right now. I am inspired, motivated, and determined to finish the Boston Marathon tomorrow. This is the most incredible feeling.....

And in the words of my incredible coach, Jack Fultz, "the hay is in the barn."

See you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment