Donate Here!

My DFMC Fundraising Website!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

5 Days.

It is hard to believe that in five short days, I will be running my second Boston Marathon. As a child, I never considered this a possiblity. Year after year, I watched with amazement as each runner passed me by. I always dreamt of achieving such a goal, but knew this was miles and miles away from any reality.

I like a good challenge, and I will not give up until I accomplish any goal that has been set. When I stood anxiously at the starting line last year, I knew I would make it to the end. It did not matter what needed to happen in between, as long as I reached my goal; as long as I ran the 26.2 miles.

And so I find myself five days away from standing at the starting line for yet the second time. I do not know what will happen in between. Life is unpredictable, as is any marathon. But I do know that I will make it to the finish line.

Left foot. Right foot. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment