Donate Here!

My DFMC Fundraising Website!

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Let Me Catch You Up To Speed

I know, I know. It's been a while. Life has been crazy, but so good to me. Not only did I pass my boards and am now a Registered Nurse, but my training is going great! When I look back on where my training was at this time last year, I was working entirely on the Arc trainer, and doing little to no running. My ITB (iliotibial band) injury was at its absolute worst and I was constantly discouraged, with a fear of the condition I would be in on race day.

This past Saturday I ran 8 miles like it was nothing. The true measure of success was based on how I felt the next day. Typically, I am sore, but there is usually a vast majority of pain and discomfort around my right knee. On Sunday, my quads hurt. My hamstrings hurt. Even my abdominals hurt, but my knee did not hurt! I am training smart, and not pushing myself to a point where I know I could cause major discomfort. I am getting all of my miles in and listening to my body. I will continue to keep my fingers crossed in hopes that these next months of training will continue to be successful and injury-free.

After my long run tomorrow, I will be meeting my 3-year-old patient partner for the first time at the DFMC Match Party! Not only am I looking forward to the ice cream sundae bar (obviously), but I truly feel lucky to have the opportunity to work closely with a patient in the Jimmy Fund Clinic. I am looking forward to writing about and sharing my experience with everyone tomorrow!

So until then, stay warm and have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment