Donate Here!

My DFMC Fundraising Website!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Another Reason Why I Run.

I am running in honor of my incredibly brave new friend, Brandon. This amazing 4-year-old boy is in remission from anaplastic large cell carcinoma, a rare and aggressive type of non-Hodgkin lymphoma.

I met Brandon through the Patient Partner program, which matches Dana-Farber runners with patients at the Institute's Jimmy Fund Clinic. The partners meet numerous times throughout the season for planned activities, such as the "Meet Your Match" and poster decorating parties. On marathon weekend at the DFMC pasta party, both my family and Brandon's will come together to celebrate the anticipating marathon. On marathon Monday when I reach the 25-mile mark near Kenmore Square, I will be greeted by Brandon, his family, and all of the incredible children in the partner program.

With only 5 short weeks to go, I am cherishing every moment of this experience. I am extremely proud and humbled to be running in honor of this courageous young boy. He gives me the strength, determination, and courage I need to get me through 26.2 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment