Donate Here!

My DFMC Fundraising Website!

Friday, March 13, 2009

The Waiting Game....

As I sit here and wait for my MRI results to tell me the diagnosis of my knee injury, I can not help but focus on the many countless thoughts that are running through my head.  I ask myself everyday what it is that I want to accomplish in these next months.  It is easy; I want to pass my nursing boards and I want to run the marathon.  I am not giving myself a choice on either of these, since I WILL accomplish both.  It is hard for me to explain how difficult this setback has been.  I have dedicated myself to an incredible training schedule, and it is now the daily, constant focus of my life and I would not want it any other way.  As I sit here and wait, with these endless thoughts running through my head, one thought stands out above the rest.  I am running the Boston Marathon in 37 days, 21 hours, 7 minutes and 17 seconds.  But hey, who is really counting?

1 comment:

  1. Ashley - fingers crossed on the MRI!!! What did you do?

    I empathize; just coming off of 2 weeks with almost no running b/c of bad illness, and as a 1st time marathoner I'm terrified I've fallen way behind on my training.

    I hope you get good results and back on your feet soon!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete